Order of Knowledge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Guild leader vote
Recruiting 101 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:47 pm by chefgeno27

» Contest this Weekend!
Recruiting 101 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:49 am by chefgeno27

» Foulz Abscence
Recruiting 101 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:40 pm by Arco

» Yulli/Verm Abscence
Recruiting 101 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:09 am by Yullianna Nevendaar

» Sheldorh / Lavarock
Recruiting 101 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:26 am by Sheldorh

» Guild Bank net profit postings--- look here
Recruiting 101 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:19 pm by chefgeno27

» Week of the Orc
Recruiting 101 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:50 pm by Durrandal

» Guild SP Event V6
Recruiting 101 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 9:49 pm by Durrandal

» Oglaigh wants in
Recruiting 101 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:40 pm by Tiocfaidh Ar' La

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Recruiting 101

Go down

Recruiting 101 Empty Recruiting 101

Post  Yullianna Nevendaar Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:06 pm

Well I was asked today by Emajem, how it is that I am so successful at recruiting new members. One thing that helps is I have a very successful guild of my own on the live servers. It affords me the time to be here helping OoK build it's ranks and also gives me a new home with some great friends.

My secret to recruiting is being polite, not forceful, and most of all understanding. I had struggled for about 6 months of coming up with a way to recruit people with out coming across as being rude. In game channel recruiting DOES NOT work. And you will find it is the fastest way to end up on a bunch of peoples ignore list.

The best way of doing it is to find the area that people are hanging out in that they have had their taste of the game, and they want a lil more of the pie. For instance, On the good side of things right after the introduction phase of the game, they end up in Qeynos. Then they start questing in the area around Qeynos. This is a great spot to recruit people. I do this by using macros.

Open up your social window, "o" key I believe. Click on any empty space and create your macro. Now just name it. I named mine private recruit. after doing that type the following information in the command line. You dont have to use my exact words but you will get the point. /t %T Hello %T, my name is Yullianna and I am a member of Order of Knowledge. I noticed that you don't appear to be in a guild. Would you be interested in joining a casual, family friendly guild? If not sorry to have bothered you. Thank you.

The (%t) in the above macro basically sends a tell to the person you have targeted by left clicking on them. This sends a very polite message to that person about them joining your guild. Now at this point it is up to you. Be ready to back up what you preach. Almost everyone will ask questions. Answer them truthfully. If done correctly you can recruit on average 10 people per day.

I hope this information helps everyone. If you need any assistance send Yullianna an ingame mail and I will send the information to you..

Yuli

Yullianna Nevendaar

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum