Order of Knowledge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Guild leader vote
NaNoWriMo! EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:47 pm by chefgeno27

» Contest this Weekend!
NaNoWriMo! EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:49 am by chefgeno27

» Foulz Abscence
NaNoWriMo! EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:40 pm by Arco

» Yulli/Verm Abscence
NaNoWriMo! EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:09 am by Yullianna Nevendaar

» Sheldorh / Lavarock
NaNoWriMo! EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:26 am by Sheldorh

» Guild Bank net profit postings--- look here
NaNoWriMo! EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:19 pm by chefgeno27

» Week of the Orc
NaNoWriMo! EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:50 pm by Durrandal

» Guild SP Event V6
NaNoWriMo! EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 9:49 pm by Durrandal

» Oglaigh wants in
NaNoWriMo! EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:40 pm by Tiocfaidh Ar' La

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

NaNoWriMo!

3 posters

Go down

NaNoWriMo! Empty NaNoWriMo!

Post  Luthvian Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Since this place is for open discussion, I thought I'd share about NaNoWriMo. November is National Novel Writing Month (website www.nanowrimo.org). NaNoWriMo is a not for profit group that supports literacy awareness. The object is to write a 50,000 word novella starting on November 1st and ending by midnight November 30th. This is my third attempt at it (never actually finished one before, but I am super determined this year!), and I'm actually working hard to stay well ahead of my quota and try to be done before Thanksgiving (affectionately referred to as the day of laziness around here, lol). I was always kind of a strange kid (turned into a kind of off beat adult), so I read and wrote a lot due to lack of social engagements. Reading and writing helped make my world a happier place, and because of that I am all about literacy awareness.

Anyway, didn't know if there were any other amature writers in the guild that might want to take on the challange. I know it's already November 5, but that doesn't mean you can't start now! Without doing me piece for today yet, I'm only at a little over 8,000 words and above the quota. I have a nifty spreadsheet for tracking progress (that I would be thrilled to share with anyone who wants to undertake this brave endeavor) and according to that, if you could get to 8,335 words by the end of today, you'd be right on par.

Well, message me here or email me (I'm pretty sure I left my email open as public knowledge) if you would like more information on this great activity.
Luthvian
Luthvian

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

NaNoWriMo! Empty re

Post  Durrandal Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:26 pm

Great initiative!

I hope you will get some interest here, i'm more of a number person. If you want me to do your taxes or build up a work instruction, i'm in. Would be interesting to see what you come up with :-)

Durrandal
Admin

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-06-24

https://orderofknowledge.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

NaNoWriMo! Empty Writing

Post  Tiocfaidh Ar' La Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:49 pm

I love writing, mostly regarding political or spiritual matters or matters where I perceive social injustice. I am a champion for the downtrodden and underdogs of society. Unfortunately, I have no time to write a 50,000 word novella as I work 40 to 50 hours per work and go to school. Would be nice though.

Tiocfaidh Ar' La

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-10-30

Back to top Go down

NaNoWriMo! Empty Re: NaNoWriMo!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum