Order of Knowledge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Guild leader vote
Kamala Fallingstar EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:47 pm by chefgeno27

» Contest this Weekend!
Kamala Fallingstar EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:49 am by chefgeno27

» Foulz Abscence
Kamala Fallingstar EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:40 pm by Arco

» Yulli/Verm Abscence
Kamala Fallingstar EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:09 am by Yullianna Nevendaar

» Sheldorh / Lavarock
Kamala Fallingstar EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:26 am by Sheldorh

» Guild Bank net profit postings--- look here
Kamala Fallingstar EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:19 pm by chefgeno27

» Week of the Orc
Kamala Fallingstar EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:50 pm by Durrandal

» Guild SP Event V6
Kamala Fallingstar EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 9:49 pm by Durrandal

» Oglaigh wants in
Kamala Fallingstar EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:40 pm by Tiocfaidh Ar' La

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Kamala Fallingstar

3 posters

Go down

Kamala Fallingstar Empty Kamala Fallingstar

Post  Kamala Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:29 am

Greetings gang, real name is Rob, and this is, believe it or don't, the first female "main" I've ever had in an MMO. And I've been in lots of MMOs. But I'm new to eq2, as I was recruited here by a friend and fellow expatriate from that "other" MMO. After having run "random heroics" for the... honestly I lost count... time, I just couldn't do it anymore. Kamala is a troubador, a class I chose because it seemed like everyone either hated or disrespected it in some way. So I knew I had to try it, I tend to be like that.

Because the burnout rate from that "other" MMO got so high, I've decided to take a different approach with eq2 (such as a female main), which I'm hoping I have the discipline to stick to. I am doing things previously unheard of in an MMO, such as reading quest text (*gasp*), learning lore (*gasp*) and exploring the geography. In truth, though, I genuinely enjoy these things. In the ancient days when I would serve on the staff of various MUDs (for the younger crowd, those were games where you actually had to type text to play, if you can believe people entertained themselves this way, we really did!) I invariably found myself writing tortuously long and painful descriptive paragraphs for various areas, rather like this paragraph is becoming.

At any rate, extensive gaming experience, especially with end-game raiding and such (primarily as a tank which, because I have no eq2 experience, I don't feel I'd be good at here), but not a power-gamer at heart. I'm married with two kids, um, surgically definitely no more on the way though, living in the Pacific Northwest of the USA. What you've heard about that is true. It started raining here about 3 weeks ago, and that will continue until next July. No, I don't like it, and each year I die a little more inside not seeing the sun. But my wife was born and raised here and still loves it... and I do what she says. We're all happier that way.

Kamala

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Kamala Fallingstar Empty Welcome

Post  Durrandal Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:25 am

Nice to meet you and welcome to Order of Knowledge. Decided to reply to this post mainly because youv'e done the exact oposite to what i did. In all mmo's we played before (me and my wife) i was starting as a female character (if i'm going to be looking at the back side of a character it'd better be a good looking one). This is the first mmo i started as a male character and all alts in consequence are male.

MUDs were my beginnig too, until Ultima Online was released, then after about 5-6 years we movet through over 100 mmos, free and p2p, looking for a game that has things we are looking for, enjoyable, fast combat, housing and crafting (2 things missing here tho, animal taming and player housing in geographical locations like in UO or SWG). We decided to continue OOK guild with some 9-10 years tradition here and it looks like we are going to stick to EQ2 for another few years. See you in-game.

Regards.
Emajem.

Durrandal
Admin

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-06-24

https://orderofknowledge.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Kamala Fallingstar Empty Re: Kamala Fallingstar

Post  Ginroh Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:38 am

Nice to meet you. You will find that EQ2 will be a lot of fun to play the way you are planning to play. You can lock your level to stick with certain content. You can also decrease your level to go back to content. You get experience for exploring new areas. You can "mentor" other people and experience new content also.

Bards are really nice. They bring a lot to a group and are a lot of fun to play. Hope you Enjoy.

Ginroh

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamala Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:14 am

I'm joining one of those "level-locked" guilds as I think that will probably better suit my overall play style (slow leveling). I appreciate you letting me join and wish everyone the best!

You should delete my access to the forum at some point - I wasn't sure who to send that note to.

Kamala

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum